- Access to Quantitative Research Environment
The backbone of Schonfeld’s success is its technology infrastructure. Schonfeld has developed and invested heavily in its technology resources over the years. The result is a premier infrastructure for facilitating and servicing the needs of Schonfeld’s portfolio manager and trader community.
Some highlights include:
- Customized integration of an end-to-end technology solution to meet
the specific needs of each trader.
- Two levels of co-location services providing low-latency,
- Direct access to exchange native market data feeds.
- Access to prime brokerage provided order entry gateways (Software or FPGA solutions) providing risk and market access rule controls.
- Proprietary data center facility providing reliable, stable and scalable
Technology plays a critical role in the success of Schonfeld’s business. As a result, Schonfeld maintains a robust investment program with respect to its infrastructure, technology offerings and resources, keeping it at the forefront of financially-focused technology innovation.
Dedicated development and engineering resources are readily available to assist in all technical aspects of helping new groups start and establish their environment, and to provide proactive, ongoing technical support as they grow thereafter.
Technologists engaged by Schonfeld find the environment both challenging and rewarding as they work to facilitate sophisticated strategies and to empower its talented investment professionals.
Schonfeld provides access to many of the world’s largest execution venues and market data providers. To satisfy the varying infrastructure requirements of its portfolio managers, Schonfeld designed and built its own data center facility in Great River, New York and maintains co-located infrastructure in Secaucus, New Jersey. Schonfeld maintains dedicated rack space within Nasdaq’s co-location facility in Carteret, New Jersey, and leverages existing prime broker co-location facilities in Mahwah, New Jersey, Tokyo and the ASX.
Schonfeld's Great River facility is equipped with a pressurized, raised computer room floor, dedicated UPS / Generator / AC units, filtered and conditioned electric power, major carrier diversity, redundant power feeds to each cabinet with digital PDU's, 24/7 monitoring of environmentals / network / security, a certified high-density Cat5/6e+ managed cable plant and 24/7 card access.
Schonfeld’s facilities team is led by industry accredited infrastructure personnel with long-term experience managing enterprise data centers and Global IP Networks. Schonfeld’s technology staff holds certifications at CCNP, CCIE and MCSE levels and other industry-recognized certifications.
Schonfeld's 10Gb network, in conjunction with an FPGA-based execution platform, is an ideal combination for groups who desire low latency in today’s markets. The infrastructure team can customize a solution for shared technology services such as storage area networking, remote connectivity and virtualization. Schonfeld holistically identifies technology, market data, research and execution needs to match them with our best solutions. These proven methodologies enable Schonfeld to minimize, and sometimes share, costs while meeting the demands for today’s high performance trading groups.
Access to Quantitative Research Environment
Leveraging economies of scale, Schonfeld has on-hand an abundance of data from leading industry providers that are germane to establishing a successful quantitative research environment. Schonfeld has strong business relationships with all major information vendors. These long-standing relationships and subscriptions allow for beneficial pricing tiers in acquiring access to these and newly-required data sets.
Examples of these data sets include:
- Daily regional back office data – Pricing, Corporate Action, Security Master, Trading Calendars for both equities and commodities. Historical backfill is also available for North American regional equity data sets.
- Index pricing and composition data.
- Exchange-provided trade and quote data (daily and historic).
- Depth of market (book) on select exchanges (daily and historic).
- Access to industry standard risk modeling data.
- Access to both real-time and end-of-day estimates and consensus information.
- Global industry and sector classification data.
- Historical short interest, short volume and alerts.
- Access to streaming newswires and sentiment data via a single aggregated source API.
- Kdb research environment housing historical and real-time data.